Sunday, November 17, 2013

High Profile

 My outfit last night for my friend's big 40th Birthday Bash and the posh Grand Del Mar Resort…

Here is the outfit with the jacket on:
This inspiration was from the Sept 2013 Issue of Glamour Magazine:


I loved this purple/bordeaux/wine color scheme… To top it all added very simple accessories of just pair of rocker earrings and a large but delicate cuff. I think it all came out great together….




I truly love this dress. It is so understated and yet so flattering and a very comfy wearable jersey material that is stretchy and does not wrinkle. I ordered the dress but all the other pieces just came together from my closet in a miraculous way. 





 I would have never guessed how comfortable these shoes were all night long! Usually I am very skeptical of cheap shoes and only wear them when I am on my feet for a very short period of time.


Got the eye make-up and false eyelashes done at MAC:





Dress - Victoria's Secret
Jacket, Shoes, Cuff - Forever 21
Clutch - Target
Earrings - Cookie Lee

MONDAY MINGLE is hosted by MOMTRENDS this week:


click HERE!


SATURDAY:
Our day started low key chilling at home then we went to my daughter's las soccer game and trophy ceremony. It is  amazing right at the end of the season she totally got into soccer. During the game she is fully engaged carrying the ball all the way fighting for it and trying to score. Her teammate brought the ball all the way down but got blocked and she saw the opportunity and scored her second goal of the season. We were so proud.





The Party was actually for my friend who is also the coach of our team. She did all this before getting ready for her big party!



THE BIG PARTY:
After the game my husband took the kids to my mom and stepdad's house and I left to get my make-up done. It was easy getting ready when I got home since my hair and make-up was done already….
Took a couple photos before we left the house:


We headed to my friend's house so we can share a cab from there (they live a lot closer to the hotel) then picked up our other friends and all went together. The resort was absolutely gorgeous. They had a private room and a deck reserved for the 12 couple group. We had cocktails the first hour then had a delicious sit down dinner followed by a big birthday cake for my beautiful friend.

Then the resort shuttle took us to their club up the hill for an all night of dancing. It was an amazing night.
The photos were all taken with their camera but here are a few that was snapped via phone's etc…

I realize now there are no husbands in these photos. But I swear they were there. Somewhere….





8 comments:

  1. I liked your outfit very much. It is elegant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely have time these day to write a comment but this post deserved one! You look absolutely gergous! I love the dress and the how the color of everything came together. You look prettier with your own lashes but the make up looks good over all. The party pictures reflect how much fun you all had. happy birthday to Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Monday Mingle. Your outfit was amazing! I love the colors and those shoes. Your little one is so cute. I played soccer too for years! :-) Happy Monday!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You're a knockout in that dress! So fab. Love the color.

    Have a great week!

    -Jenny
    http://www.babblingsofamommy.com/2013/11/ootd-lbd-to-rescue.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit!! The jacket is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That jacket is so incredible! You look gorg lady!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...