Friday, February 5, 2010

Nice to get compliments

So even though not much on the agenda worth dressing up for, figured I should wear something nice anyway...

Here is a trick I follow, as I browse through fashion magazines (late at night before going to bed), or looking through catalogs or windows of stores I get inspired for outfit ideas. I will either cut out the page of the inspriation outfit, or write down the outfit idea in a small notebook I keep that I write all sorts of notes and to do lists. I obviously do not have time to confirm if the idea works in adavnce so I just have to wing it last minute and if it doesn't work it gets annoying but what can you do?

So, currently I have a list of outfits that I wrote down but have not tried it out yet. I picked one of those today... I also feel I need to wear all the semi- cold to cold weather outfits soon before it warms up too much here in San Diego.

Outfit: Dark Grey skinny jeans (can you tell I love skinny  jeans?), black and red plaid gap collored shirt with a little ruffle on the front, black leather soft wide belt cycnched at the waist, steve madden flat suede tigh high boots. Dark brassy gold hoop earings to match the dark brassy gold buckle of the belt. Would have loved to match a purse too but my juicy diaper bag will have to do since I have no room for an additional purse.

Activity: Play time at Kid Ventures then Hullaballoo (kid band) concert at gym ventures.  After naps, taking daughter to swim lesson. Since I have to go in the pool with her I ditched all the accessories, the suede boots (not water friendly) and the shirt (who has time to button up a shirt).  I put on a grey cotton t-neck topped with a cropped grey sweater since it got super cold in the afternoon and of course the trusted black ugg boots.

Oh so the title comes from the fact that I got compliments on my first outfit from the girls that work at kid ventures. Now getting compliment on your outfit from a young girl who is single with no kids is saying something cause it means you are dressed cute even by their standards. That was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...