Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Salud

I am so pleasantly surprised on how cute today's combo came together. I love it when an inspiration actually pans out better than I expected.

The inspiration photo:
 When I saw this I thought of the deep shades of purple and bordeaux mixed with black and brown. And the hat!




 I tucked in the cognac striped sweater. My instinct was to add black tights and boots but the brown actually goes great and the belt pulls it all together.
 I have officially decided to keep this skirt (by kikaPaprika)  from my samples. Where else am I going to find a perfectly fitting full skirt that has a tailored look and yet machine washable and no ironing needed! 


 This hat was my Grandpa (rest his soul) and I love wearing it....

Hat - Vintage
Sweater - Forever 21
Skirt - kika Paprika ('Brit')
Boots - Newport News
Belt - I do not remember as it is very old.
Necklace - Cookie Lee
Coat - Ann Klein

TODAY:
Went to see a play with my daughter's class. It was an odd story called the 'stinky cheese man' apparently a book where they change the happy ending of every fairy tale or children's riddle. The kids were more confused than entertained so it was a bit of a miss I think.
The cool thing is it is a Jr. Theater so all the actors are high school age kids or younger which sets a great example to the kids seeing other kids on stage.

Tonight going to mommy's night event through the organization that helps form mommy groups.


6 comments:

  1. It's so cool that your photo inspiration worked out so well in real life. You are stunning and I love your vow to dress up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting me. You certainly pulled off this outfit PERFECTLY! I am now you newest follower. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    xx
    Serena
    www.theserenasaga.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job on recreating this outfit , dead on. I love using Pinterest, it helps me use things in my closet in a different way. Thanks for stopping by.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this inspiration photo and how you pulled it off! Very chic! Thanks for popping over from Monday Mingle.

    Cheers,
    michelle
    (www.liveworkstyle.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...