Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sparkle and Shine

 I chose an outfit today that had some sequins so I can participate in the EBEW event. But clicking on their website now I am not sure if they are still hosting. I guess we'll find out.

The inspiration came from the November 2011 issue of Lucky Magazine. It was the 'letters to editor' page I think and they had this hand drawn outfit:
 I liked the idea of pairing magenta with camel colors and sequins....
To create the sequined top I layered my new camel cowl neck tunic under the sequined tank.
This tunic is great. Love its long and lean cut. And it is tissue thin.




Although I was worried about adding more shine to the outfit I still went ahead and added these:


 Since it was cold and rainy I added a trench coat and the magenta beret I bought a while back but had not worn yet.


And once again my umbrella happens to match perfectly.

Trench Coat - Guess
Sequin Tank - Charlotte Russe
Cowl Neck Sweater, Jeans, Accessories, Hat - Forever 21
Heels - Steve Madden
Tote - LV
Umbrella - Coach




If it is actually taking place I am participating in  
Every Body Every Wear's  
Sequins and Sparkles 

To see others please click HERE!


Also participating in 
Monday Mingle
today.
Hosted by
and 
 To see others click HERE!

TODAY:
Since my son was sick today we didn't go to preschool. And of course it was pouring so no park outing either. I came up with taking them to Ikea. We bought some everyday water glasses, a duvet cover for my son and bath sponges. Random I know. Then my parents met us there for lunch. My son was fading fast again so we came home and he thankfully listened to me and did take a nap. It was a quiet afternoon at home. 

19 comments:

  1. renklerin uyumu cok tatli olmus :)

    http://stylishtimes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the idea of purple with camel colours, its looks fab!
    Hope your son feels better soon!! :)
    Rachel
    http://yummymummysgalore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha we have that same camel sweater from Forever 21! It has been a new favorite. The sequined tank layered over the sweater looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah nice post! let me know if you want that we follow each other on blogger, facebook, bloglovin or another thing =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorites!

    Hope your son feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layering the sequin tank over the super warm sweater! Great color combination too! Party ready and weather friendly! The wine colored pants are an excellent touch as well!!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those pants...the color is fantastic! This is a great combo!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this sparkle look with magenta pants and matching umbrella! My kind of outfit:) Love the accessories too and especially that panther ring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. renkler çok yakışmış VE kaza üstüne kullandığın payetli bluz çok şık olmuş...


    http://dujufashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit. I love all that glitters.

    xo,
    blushingbasics.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew that idea looked familiar. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nelerden ilham aliyorsun, bayiliyorum sana :)) bu postta da takilarda gozum kaldi, superler


    http://denizsaatcioglu.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-year-s-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous color combination for the sparkly challenge! I really adore how you styled your tank/vest - such a unique look :D

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fabulous - the color combination is so great, and I love the idea of putting the sequin tank over the sweater! I've been trying to come up with more ways to wear mine and will definitely have to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love that camel sweater!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love the color of those pants! So beautiful and it looks great paired with the sequined top.

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...