Tuesday, January 3, 2012

From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!

 This was my outfit today during the day.
 P.S. My title is from One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss,

The inspiration came from the November 2011 issue of In Style magazine from a small photo of SJP in an article about finding the perfect corduroy pants:

When I saw this photo I immediately thought of my super old blue boot cut cords. They were already moved to my husband's closet (yes I now officially have clothes in everyone else's closet in the house!). Since I own and have only been wearing skinny cords these were temporarily retired.
But I loved how her pants look like boot cuts cuffed as well. So that gave me the idea. Plus knowing the temp would be high today wearing a tank top (in the middle of winter) was a perfect choice...





And with the hat off, cause you know you want to see my new hair everyday! :)


Cardigan - Banana Republic (thrifted)
Tank - Alloy's
Scarf - Forever 21
Cords - Guess (I think, I am too lazy to go look now)
Hat - Jessica Simpson (from TJ Maxx)
Boots - Newport News


TODAY:
It was the first day of outdoor class and we had a super cool field trip to Quail Botanical Gardens. I forget how beautiful this place is and how much there is to do. Kids loved playing in the man made huge tree house, admiring the huge iron artwork and then taking a nature hike through the waterfalls, bamboo forests and the frog pond ending in another fun play area.











3 comments:

  1. This boyish style is beautiful on you ! I love your hair color !!!
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat and scarf!

    Those gardens look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice inspirations! looove sarah jessica! love your version of the look! nice hat! the kids look lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...