Sunday, October 20, 2013

No place like home

This was yesterday's outfit which was used for the family photo shoot for my parent's holiday card...

The inspiration:

I had this off day where I lost track of time the entire day and therefore was late for everything including the photo shoot and of course never had time to take photos and forgot all my cameras so these were taken with my phone inside the photo place just not the best lighting at all obviously.



Jacket, Jeans, necklace - Forever 21
Top - Ann Taylor LOFT
Purse - Charming Charlie's
Booties - Steve Madden

SATURDAY:
The photo shoot was hectic but the group shot came out OK and our own family photo was acceptable for card so it wasn't total loss although we all felt the photographer was horrible putting us in these weird bride and groom poses that just didn't make any sense at all and then cut off full length photos of my mom and stepdad and my sister and her husband. It was just frustrating.

But afterwards we had a very fun family dinner at Cheesecake Factory, then with a spur of the moment decision my parents took the kids to their house and we had the night and the following morning off!



SUNDAY:
We had another fun family night where we carved pumpkins and had spaghetti and meatball dinner together...




Appetizers....











This is what I carved... 

My stepdad's

My son insisted on carving a light saber so had my husband by this gigantic $12 pumpkin! It does look like a lot of other things, that is for certain... :)

My sister's....



4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! I love your cropped jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun times. Love the spider-drinks and pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a cute look! that jacket is adorable paired with the stripes, plus the yellow bag is the perfect pop of color!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! I'd say you nailed the inspiration! And you're kiddos are absolutely too cute! I love her bob haircut. Looks like you guys had a great time. I love carving pumpkins but I hate pulling out the slimy guts! haha

    Lindsey
    High Heels and Training Wheels

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...