Friday, February 26, 2010

Nautical Twist & Jeweled tone night out


Decided to go a little summery today since the weather is really nice again at least part of the day. This top is your classic nautical piece. It also goes great with white jeans and a red long bead necklace too. Since the weather permits I wanted to use my yellow scarf again. I wear this scarf so much and it is not even mine! It belongs to my mom. The key to keeping them up to date is storing them all twisted and tied in a knot. That way they keep their crinkle.

Day Outfit: Boyfriend jeans with cuffs rolled up (Newport News), navy and whit striped tunic short sleeve top, yellow scarf, white rocket dog sneakers. white michael kors watch and rose gold hoop earings.

Activity: Kid concert, ice cream outing and park.

Really taking bold steps with my night outfits this week. I have seen this slouchy socks in open toed sandals look in all the spring catalogs and runway shows. I ventured out to find the perfect hot pink socks. Amazingly I scored a pair exactly like I was looking for at TJ max for $6 and they were Kate Spade! Coincidentally I had also bought these black platform sandals at TJ max last year. Love the hot pink stich detail. The dress is from a 'Thread Show' last spring. It has a lot of couture details for under $100. I wore it to my cousins wedding last summer. The look of summer ruffle mini dresses with boyfriend blazers is also something I saw in magazines and plan to use it quite often at least until it is warm enough to wear the dresses without any jackets.

Night Outfit: Bold color block patterned ruffle strapless mini dress, black boyfriend blazer, Kate spade hot pink socks, black platform sandals, chunky chain necklace, black patent leather clutch, rose ring.

Activity: Step Father's gallery reception in San Clemente and dinner with friends and family afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I was a little nervous when you told me what you were planning on wearing to the gallery but you totally pulled it off and looked gorgeous!
    -Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...