Friday, April 9, 2010

Grape Jelly

Today's outfit was inspired by a look I saw in Lucky magazine 2 months ago. Lucky did this editorial on creating something like 25 looks using a set of pieces. I loved almost every look. So you will see a lot of looks in the upcoming weeks inspired from that section. I included the photo from the magazine below. They listed where you can get each item but I like to find cheaper variations and of course a lot of the looks are shown with heels so I always substutied with my flat sandals. This layered look will only work in a special weather. It can't be too hot as the layers and the scarf can get too warm. It can't be chilly since it has shorts. Today's weather worked great for this look. The purple top actually is a really dressy corset top I bought for a club outfit from Bebe. It was cool to wear it during the day and since it is covered by layers you can't see it is dressy. That is why I liked this outfit when I saw it cause it gives me a chance to use something I own and don't wear that often. I also realized I can totally adjust the tightness of the vest from the last time I wore it. Looks much better fitted this way I think. This vest is a great layering piece. Over dresses, shorts dresses etc... I love it. The scarf in the magazine photo is from Old Navy but i couldn't find it there. I found mine at Gap. It is still more than I would like to pay for a scarf but I liked it. Since the scarf is enough of an accessory I went with no jewelry. My denim sandals as usual also add embelishment as well.

Here is the inspiration photo...




Khaki Shorts - JCrew - $39
Purple Blouse - Bebe - $60
Navy Vest - F21 - $24
Scarf - Gap - $10
Sandals - Steve Madden - $60


Today's Activities: Playdate at a friend's house with my mommy group. Took our visitors shopping and ice cream (for kids) in the mall in the afternoon. Dinner at home.

3 comments:

  1. This is suck a great look...I love everything that you did...and even with flats it looks great. Glad you included the inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job recreating your inspiration look! LOVE the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those shoes!!! and purple is one of my favorite colors!

    arent playdates the best =)

    http://cadencesmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...