Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A little pink bow


Making the most of this flash of warm/summer weather we have going on here and wearing the few left over combo's from my spring/summer list. I was inspired for this look from a website (golden pony) I think. Where they showed a simple black dress with a hot pink belt. My friend has given me this cute bow belt from her closet and I thought it would be the perfect touch over this black dress. My shoes (sorry forgot to do a close up shot) has hot pink stiches on the side as well which goes so nicely. I added peacock feather earings (which you can't see for some reason) and a set of pink bangles as accessories. I also had this cute pink and white clutch that I took out and was going to pose and use that night than forgot all about it. The reason: found it in our hamper that night as i was undressing. This is what you get when you get ready with two little kids playing chase and hide and seek with your stuff.
























Black Dress - Ralph Lauren
Bow Belt - vintage from a friend
bangles - from Turkey (gift from Mom)
Earings - Forever 21
Shoes - Boutique 9 (TJ Maxx)

Monday's Activities: Went to the mommy and me preschool class with the kids. It was a bit tougher getting ready without my husband to help out but I managed. It was super hot, upto 100s! Kids still had fun of course. After naps, we took out the water table and put swim suits on to play and then to swim in our pool. Making most of the hot weather. Later in the afternoon had a friend come over for a playdate. Then left for mom's with the kids bags packed. Fed them the dinner I cooked during nap time over there and left them in charge with my step dad and snuck out. Had a nice dinner with my best friend than came to my house to catch up on a few more episodes of True Blood. It was weird staying at the house by myself (no husband, no kids)! I lef the kids at my mom's cause left super early the next morning to drive up to LA for my Dad's dr appt.

See day outfit below:


Flower crochet shrug (which everyone asked if knitted myself) - Newport News
Jean shorts - TJ Maxx
White tee - made for Twilight/New Moon movie on clearence for $5 at Nordstrom Rack!
Plastic ballet flats - from Turkey
Head band - Target
Evit eye necklace and Yellow Watch - From Turkey

5 comments:

  1. Both the looks, especially the evening one, are different from your usual style. I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that vintage belt. What a perfect topper for a LBD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that day look- it's unusually hot here too! bleh, i'm so ready for fall clothes.
    love that bow belt, what a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that shrug! So fun!
    And of course your evening outfit is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love cut-off - and the bow MAKES the outfit - LUVS!!!

    PS - GIVE-AWAY going on - just wanna spread the love!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...