Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year


Well here is the outfit I wore for New Year's Eve. It was the perfect host attire. Both the pants and the top is stretchy therefore comfy but yet looks elegant and sexy at the same time (at least I think so).



I had fallen in love with this ruffle halter top the minute I saw it at the store a few years back. Although I have hardly worn it as it does look quite dressy. Even though it buttons up in the front you don't need to use them as the whole back is elastic and it can just slip on.


And it has no back! Wish I had remembered to use a bit of self tanner or something so my back wasn't so white but oh well... 

I kept jewelry simple by wearing dangling black stone earings, my big rhinestone ring and a big stack of silver and rhinestone chain bracelets.  I sure am getting a lot of wear out of these platform heels. Contrary to their exteremely high looking heel they are very sturdy and I am able to keep them on for quite a long time without getting tired.




As I might have mentioned before I am all about outfits and hardly about make-up. I love the idea of make-up, browsing, buying it but when it comes to putting it on I always chicken out and wear very little. My sister and my mom on the other hand are pros when it comes to eye makeup and always joke how nothing I own adds any color. It is not that I have not tried. I just couldn't draw well and really don't have the patience or the time to dedicate anyway. But, I just dicoverd this new website called elf (eyes lips and face). It has super cool make-up at great prices. I bought a giant collection of 100 eye shadow colors for $10. I also bought these waterproof eyeliners for $1 each in midnight navy and plum. They feel like a felt marker and make lining your eyes a breeze. And if I can do it that means anyone can. I will probably go back and buy ton more in case they discontinue or something! :)



Silk ruffle halter top - Bebe
Tuxedo skinny Pants - Bebe
Platform heels - Newport News Catalog
Earings - Ann Taylor
Ring - From Turkey
Bracelets - Tiffany's & Red Envelope

Today's Activities: We are crazy people as we left the house at 8 AM and after a quick breakfast at a bagel shop met our friends and drove up the mountains to look for snow to take the kids sledding. Unfortunately did not find any as all the snow had melted already so ended up having lunch and walking around a cute town called Julian. Normally that would be fun and fine but on a day we were hosting a new year's eve party it was quite tiring. Got home around 2:30 PM and while my husband napped after all that driving I got the house ready for the pary. Guests started coming around 5:30 PM. We had all my family members and 3 other friend families. Had dinner delievered from Phil's BBQ which has amazing ribs. Everyone brought snacks and champagne. We did a huge celebration at 9 PM PST which was midnight on the east coast for kids' sake. Got them all ready for bed first and then let them dance in their PJs with the lights off and glow sticks all around their wrists and ankles. Already past all of their bedtimes they had a blast. Then did a whole count down and started hugging and kissing them. Even our 3.5 year olds were too young to understand what it means for one year to end and another to start but they didn't care. A bit tough to get them to go down after all that but almost all did with the exception of 1. Like we didn't have enough kid stuff we actually played my son's PS3 Sing it game and each parent sang their kid's favorite disney song. It was  hilarious. We then drank and played catch phrase. Everyone pretty much left right after midnight. One of our friends though spent the night as they live a bit further than the rest. Big slumber party. :)

Getting the food ready:


Family


My daughter in her party dress... 


My good friend who spent the night with her family.


The big PJ Dance Party!
Not quite the scene I am sure most of you were in for New Year's Eve but when you have kids things are a bit different. At this point though couldn't imagine anything more fun!

9 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I like that white top.
    And your daughter is really cute with that outfit! (^_^)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you look lovely! I love those pants. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing and İ love the top and the pants and the shoes. You are saying that they are very comfortable well hard to believe but great and how in the world that you were not cold all night!! You must be the wonder wonder women herself!!! Juliet and Trevor both look very hip indeed. Happy new year to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa Hot Mama!!! You look smokin'!
    That picture of the kids dancing is too cute. It looks like y'all had a great NYE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Adorable outfit -you look fantastic, so 'skinny' and nice! The top is romantic and goes perfect to the fine trousers. All the best for 2011. Eva Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous, tres chic! Adore the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family you have...love your outfit...very chic!
    Sounds like it was a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic rendition on the tuxedo look! I'm going to have to remember this for future inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...