Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bloggers Do It Better - White Out


Today is the Bloggers Do It Better event's White Out segment hosted by
Kristina of Pretty Shiny Sparkly blog.
For more info on the challange click HERE!

I had already submitted my last Monday's outfit but decided to wear another 'white-out' outfit today to honor the challange. This was actually in my outfit list.























Initially I had the blouse tucked in with the belt over it which was cool but I felt I needed to add another neutral color so added the vest then belted over everything.  I love the color and the style of this belt (from H&M). Looks really cool and easy to use. It does stay put too. 

Isn't it cool my MK bag totally matches the new flat sandals!? These sandals have gladiator style straps that are detachable. But I need to take them to a shoe guy to get more holes so I can tighten the straps to stay put around my skinny calves. 

For once the background corner somewhat matches the outfit. Good thing cause my house was surrounded by contractors this morning and I couldn't do any photos outside. 

White skinny Jeans - Forever 21
Tulle front white blouse - Koton (from Turkey)
Vest - Forever 21
Belt - H&M
Flats - Victoria's Secret
Purse - Michael Kors
Bracelets - Forever 21
Earings - Mango (from Turkey)

To see everyone else in their 'white out' outfit click HERE!

Today's Activities: With no car my poor mom had to drive to my house to pick the kids and I up and take it to her house. Then I took her car to to the Dr's.
See photos to see the amazing obstacle swim course my mom and step dad set-up for the kids. The weather was in the mid 80s and perfect to play with water in their backyard.
I stopped by Marshalls after the Dr's and finally found the 'summer cream booties' I was looking for. That Target (dolce vita) one I had shown you a while back was in back-order and Target said they weren't sure when it would be coming and cancelled my order. Still not wanting to spend $100+ I found a cheaper pair that I really like at Marshalls. Can't wait to show it to you. Also got a pair of sandals for my son and daughter and a cute 4th of July outfit for my little girl.
Hung out at Mom's house all afternoon and evening until they took us back.

We had two of these big concerete trucks in front of our house this morning! 

And here are 5 of the 7 men crew pouring the first segment of concerete... 


This was the set-up at my Mom and Stepdad's house for the kids!
No wonder kids cry when we leave their house!

They took these photos earlier in the day when the kids were playing...

They had a nice patio lunch too before naps... 

20 comments:

  1. That tassle belt is too cute!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sunny days! You flats are gorgeous, I saw them but did not pay much attention to them until now that I see them on you, they look fantastic.

    http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
    http://www.filomenascloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the all white look, and that yard set up looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daphne, I'll post a recap of the Kate Middleton Fashion Week in the next days, and I'd like to know if you prefer one of the pictures from your post for me to use in it? Or if you don't like me to use one of your pictures in my recap, I can only take the link, too. Let me know :-)

    Relatable Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great look. i really like the neutral trend. i think i'm gonna try it (am i still allowed to participate in this BDIB tomorrow?). really like your vest and the snakeskin purse!

    and great contraption for the kiddos. the slide going into the pool. we did that once a long time ago and wet the slide and my 3yo went flying into the pool. it was crazy!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great look, I love it!
    your sandals are gorgeous, they also look comfy.. I have the same earrings, I love them too! :D

    so gucci-ish belt btw, great find! ;)


    love

    http://wear-a-smile-wear-a-smile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome outfit! love your earrings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute..great belt. love the pic of you sitting on the pillar...those pillars totally suit the outfit! my son would die for that obstacle course!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. U look awesome ;)) Love the belt, I've the same one as well ;)) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how u accessorized ESP. The purse! U have a wonderful looking fam! The little house/water slide thingy u got set up looks awesome, I want to play!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the tassle belt adds interest to your all white outfit, great choice. And I like your matching bag and sandals. Haha.. the roman columns as your background is just so cute...


    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this look! Adore the bag and shoes - LOVE! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great in white! Knowing me, I would spill something on myself or graze against my nasty, dirty car and ruin it.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving all you ladies in this white out challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. seriously LOVE those earrings...so unique.
    Liking your take on all white.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Daphne
    Thanks for your comments - this kitchen refurb is feeling like the longest week of my life. Maybe I need 7 men on the jod and not just one with a couple who pop in and out.
    love
    Lori xo
    http://loriswardrobeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That belt reminds me of the one if PSS last Challenge, I think it was a Gucci or Chanel. Can't believe you got yours at H& M! This year?

    Would love it, if you would stop by and see how a 45+ year old handles “White Out”—you might get a good chuckle anyway! See you there! http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/05/white-out-change-it-up-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45/
    The Chief Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your white and neutral ensemble and I am absolutely in love with your accessories. You look amazing!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those shoes are delish! Love your white rendition!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The all white with snake skin additions looks great babe. Love the belt also.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...