Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Maxi Dress Again

 I know I just recently wore this maxi dress last week but had already picked this combo before I realized that so oh well...

The inspiration came from the following lookbook photo of Ruche. I love that site and how bought many items from them. I had really liked the dress shown here but they were out of my size. I actually searched high and low for a similar dress and have found the one I am wearing today at YesStyle.

I don't have a sweater like the one in the photo but I do own this crochet vest/cardigan thing which for today I wore it backwards to give it a more sweater look. should have done a back photo so you can see but forgot.

Added the belt around my hip for the look
 This brown pendant necklace with a tassle is a new purchase from Forever 21...

Some photos by the roses...


Dress - Yes Style
Cardi, necklace, belt - Forever 21
Flats - Steve Madden


Linking up to Pleated Poppy for 'What I wore Wednesdays' today!
To see other's click HERE!


And if you are wondering where my kids are during these photo shoots here are some of the 'uncut' and 'uncropped' photos...




And the funny guy himself!

I wish I had bought this denim shirt of my daughter's in a bigger size. I love it...

Today's Activities: Went to the indoor preschool class today followed by lunch outside. My daughter is doing better with potty training meanning she actually tries to tell us but once or twice a day she will tell 'a bit after the fact'. We are trying though.
After naps just as we were rushing out the door for the swim class my husband surprised us by coming home early. I am sure with the hopes of resting from his hellish week this week but the kids were so ecstatic and begged him to come watch them swim that he coudln't resist. And then my Dad came to watch too so I took advantage of this situation and ran out the near by dollar store for some household/grocery shopping. Since I had cooked before we left the dinner was waiting for us when we got home. I even squuzed in some time between dinner and bedtime to pay the bills!

10 comments:

  1. what, you don't have a sweater like that??! lol!! just teasing...i know you still have evvrything! i actually love the crochet top of yours. very cute for summer...if summer would just get here already!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've recreated the look perfectly! I love how the sweater looks over the maxi - and the belt really "ties it all together" ;)

    Your kids are so adorable!

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your maxi dress. It is so ladylike with all the florals. You pulled your recreation look off to perfection!

    Your little ones are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that outfit! It's so pretty and feminine! And of course, your two kids are just precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this look! just beautiful!

    http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maxi dresses are the best for summer!! Your son is adorable! :)


    xoxo,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you thought to wear it backwards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi!!
    i come from love joice blog!!
    nice dress!
    i want follow u! but i dont know why i cant today!!!
    kisses!!
    http://eldiariodeshyris.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The maxi dress is so pretty! I love it! I also love the last pic with you and your kids. So sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...