The Inspiration photo below was cut soooo many months ago. It sat there because I did not own flared leg pants for a long time:
Jacket, Top - Forever 21
Pants - ASOS
Heels - Steven by Steve Madden
Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF)
topic is about 'Jumping on the fad bandwagon'
Hosted by Katy at ModlyChic:
The wild popularity of the Missoni Target line got her thinking about fads, trends, and our desire to be part of the 'in' crowd. This weeks questions are based on that.
1. Do you ever see a fad hit the stores and immediately dislike it? Has that fad ever began to grow on you?
Yes. 'Harem Pants' and 'High Waist' jeans are good examples. At first I didn't like them at all but then they grew on me.
2. Has the popularity of a certain piece of clothing or line ever convinced you to try on something (or purchase something) you dislike?
I would never purchase something I didn't like or that didn't look good on me just cause it is popular. However, yes I have tried on for example 'oxford' style shoes when they became very popular. Normally I wouldn't have been draw to them. But realized they look very cool.
3. Have you ever changed your mind about a trend after seeing it around for a while?
Yes and it goes back to my answer to #1. After I see many variations on magazines and blogs and try it on me I could start liking something that I didn't before.
4. Do you feel a certain pressure to have specific items in your closet because 'everyone' else does?
No. I mean who is pressuring me? The only pressure comes from myself and not because everyone else has it but because I really want it cause I really liked it. Tulle skirts are always in this category! :)
5. Be honest, what do you think of the Missoni line? Did you grab any items? Is it worth the eBay prices?
Definitely not worth the eBay prices. I really did like the line and would have purchased a few but was out of town visiting family and never got to a store in time to do that than everything was gone. If I realized how crazy it was going to be I would have insisted we hit a target with the family that day. Such regret.
To See how others answered these fun questions please click HERE!