Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rolling Stones

This was my outfit on Friday, last day at work and travel back to home!

The inspiration came from the following Chictopia Post:
I am determined to get my money's worth from this white blazer! I save any and all inspirations related to it and each one is so different it seems. Heads up it is going to be worn again next Friday!
 I just adored this Rolling Stones tank top when I saw it at F21. Usually they are super cheap but not this one but still it is one of those great fraphic tanks that will always add some pizazz to my casual chic outfits I think.
 Layered two different key charm necklaces on top for a simple accessory that does not take away from the tanks screaming graphic.

 These jeans should have looked more skinnier but they are not. I can feel my body gaining weight given that my activity level went down from 90% as a full time mom to about 5% as a working on the road consultant.
And this is not good cause we have our big family trip to Jamica coming up in 2 weeks! I am planning to attack two fad diets to fight the situation. As you know I am a food and veggies fanatic so I can't do diets than ban fruit. So I will pick ones that still push good fresh food but less calories. Stay tuned.

 You can tell can't you how tired I am starting to look, especially towards the end of the week. I have not been able to fall a sleep early so I get about 6 hours of sleep a night! which is clearly not enough. Thank goodness work is so busy and fast paced that I hardly notice.

White Blazer, Tank, Key charm Necklaces - Forever 21
Jeans - H&M
Sandals - Boutique 9

FRIDAY:
It was a short day if you call 7.5 hours short. Plus I put in another 1.5 hours at the airport so not really short but normal.
I put about 3 reminders to myself to check in early yesterday so I am not stuck with a middle seat. As most of you know southwest does not have assigned seats but gives you a number to determine the order of who gets on the plane. The earlier you can get on the more chances you have of finding a window or an isle seat.
So, my first leg I almost missed my flight cause I was too into the work I was doing right next to the gate that I never saw them board. Thank goodness they announced my name and that is when I realized and ran in and of course was stuck with a middle seat. During layover I worked again but this time made sure I got on the plan in time and got a nice isle seat towards the back. Then though I saw this very tall middle aged man fully dressed in a military uniform coming towards us with nothing but middle seats left. I didn't have the heart for someone who was risking his life for our country to squeeze in a middle seat so I gave it up for him.

Seeing my kids was like heaven. I wanted to eat them up and inhale their scent and just never let go. My son I can only hug for a second. He has never been the cuddly type. How you show him your love is through engaging in conversation and talk about and do things he is interested in. Then he would throw his arms around my  neck and say 'i love you mommy' for no reason at all. My daughter on the other hand is a total cuddler. She will sit on your lap burry her face in your neck and give you kisses as long as you want.
I enjoyed getting them ready for bed and tucking them in. Didn't want to part but they had to sleep. My husband as promised made sure each kid came and gave me a morning kiss as soon as they woke up!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, reading about you seeing your kiddies is making my heart swell! My little girlie is gone to her Dads tonight and I feel so lost! I can't wait to do just that tomorrow... My girl is a cuddly type too. She just asks for hug upon hug upon kiss upon hug and I love it! Ahh!

    This outfit is great! That looks like Jenny from Going West! Ahh! Isn't she the greatest? She always has that edgy feel to her outfits that I love! Another that stands out in my mind is when she sports her tanks with her black bra straps showing--something I would never do, but she makes a bra strap look so sexy, haha! I love her!

    Courtney
    I Can Be Many Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the blog hop and now following you thru Facebook and GFC. I would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks for your help and have a great day! I am doing my first giveaway and would love for you to come by and enter. See ya there!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit. i have the same white blazer! i love seeing this because it inspires me to dress it up for fall!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. word to the white blazer! i get so much mileage out of mine...in fact, i like it better than my black ones! great tank...love rock band tees.

    [oomph.]
    You're Invited: fall in love with mark.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...