Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Casually Slacking

 In the interest of catching up with are going with two outfits in one post from the same inspiration page .
This page is from Sept 2011 issue of People Style Watch. My folders are getting so big and I simply do not have enough days to wear all the outfit ideas I have. So some are getting old like this but they still feel current so here it goes....
You can see below how I mark my inspirations by the way. I take notes next to the photos as to which pieces from my closet resemble the outfit. Then I assign a number and add it to my excel spreadsheet! I know, I know I lost you at 'excel spreadsheet' but that is me! :)

First outfit inspiration was this green pants, blush blazer with burgundy heels combo:

 You can see I modified this a bit. I didn't feel like a button down blouse today so wore this white top my sister left with me (sometimes she leaves clothing at my house without an explanation)!
I also felt too cold to wear purple wedges so wore my bordeaux doc marten style boots instead. I like the contrast it creates with the dressy top. The necklaces were also more interesting. Her outfit seemed a bit plain.





what can I say this eagle necklace is my new favorite. It kind of increases the 'cool' factor in all my outfits! The colors are perfect and it is a pretty heavy and high quality necklace. Sometimes F21 can surprise you. The 2nd necklace was an amazing find from Anthropologie clearence rack for $10.



These boots are more practical than the originals as they have  a side zip so I never fuss with the laces which is somewhat of a requirement for me with the kids.

Jacket, Eagle Necklace, belt - Forever 21
Top - Topshop
Long necklace - Anthropologie
Bracelet - Charlotte Russe
Pants - Bebe
Boots - Target
Sunglasses - House of Harlow

2nd OUTFIT:

 So I was going to add my more grey pants and white blazer to match this better but I felt cozier with the grey blazer and honestly I didn't care enough to search for the grey slacks in the kids closets and reached for this pair in my closet instead.
Since they were too long I couldn't do white sneakers but added my wedge sneakers instead...


The eagle again. :)

I think everything is pretty much from Forever 21 
except the sneakers are steve madden and 
the tee is from Target...

TUESDAY:
Went to the outdoor class then had to leave early to pick up my son from school as they have half days all this week. Met a group of kindergarten mommies for a playdate at a park closer to the school. It was so nice getting to know them better and forming relationships. The kids had fun too.

WEDNESDAY:
Went to the indoor class then my parents picked up the kids and my hubby and I have our first parent teacher conference for my son. I am then meeting the girls for happy hour!




5 comments:

  1. great inspirations and great outfits! I hope your week is going well!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks turned out perfectly!! I love the idea of having an outfit inspiration folder! I just might try it out :)

    -Haylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both loooks...you always do such a great job of recreating with your own twist:)
    Can we just talk about that statement necklace from the first shoot? OMG I would wear it EVERYDAY! Love.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfits dear!!
    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know!!!

    The Fashion Heels
    Facebook
    Bloglovin
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...