Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sugar Plum Fairy


 My outfit last night as I attended a board meeting for planning a fundraising event for a non profit organization. You will see the outfit I wore earlier in the day. I swapped the tulle skirt with the cream mini from my line and added this soft tweed cardigan and a belt.






Cardigan - 'Amy' in bordeaux tweed by kikaPaprika
Turtleneck - 'Erin' in bordeaux by kikaPaprika
Skirt - 'Simone' in winter white by kikaPaprika
Belt - TJ Maxx
Necklace - Forever 21
Booties - Newport News


DAY OUTFIT:

 This was our matching outfits to see the Nutcracker Ballet on Wednesday!


I got the idea for this color combination from this lookbook photo of 'Threadsence' website:
I kind of liked these dark colors with the stark light tulle skirt...





 Vest - 'Angie' in Cognac by kikaPaprika
Top - 'Paige' in Bordeaux vy kikaPaprika
Skirt - Forever 21
Tights - We love Color
Boots - Forever 21
Necklace - friend's gift

WEDNESDAY:
Our trip to the ballet was great. We read the book twice a few nights before the performance so my daughter knew the story plus she has been taking ballet for a few months now so we kept identifying the moves. We got lucky and sat in the very front row which was awesome. I watch pretty much solely their feet so front row seats were perfect.
It was such a pleasure sharing the experience with my daughter. Her favorite part was the dances in the 'land of sweets' and the 'sugar plum fairy'.













5 comments:

  1. you look fab.....the absolutely warm plum color with the white look so good...u look a perfect fairy :)

    www.myunfinishedlife.co

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're outfit is so cute. It's a style I aspire to and you hit with consistency. The booties are adorable.

    Glad you enjoyed the ballet. That's a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a cute sense of style and your daughter is adorable! Have a great weekend!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. just realized from this post how big your daughter is getting! she's not a baby anymore...she's a little girl!

    i love your matching outfits!
    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love LOVE your outfit with the cream mini with cream boots and love that Kika jacket! perfect CA weight. Love my sugar plum girls and so sugary that I could eat you both up!!! All these Christmas activities are so much fun and makes the whole world look pink even if it is not.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...