Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holding on tight



These photos were taken Thursday and am just getting around to posting them.
I love this 'cape' from the Kika Paprika line this season.  When it first came out I was thinking I already own a cape but that is more like a coat. I can't live in my cape indoors. This one feels like a sweatshirt and yet looks like outerwear and so chic. I have this 'cognac' one and another in 'eggplant' color on my rack.

Me in my everyday natural state with no make-up... Which is why I usually pose with my sunglasses...









Cape - 'Harper' in cognac by kikaPaprika
Skinny Jeans - H&M
Boots - Via Spiga
Necklace - Charming Charlie's

LAST FEW DAYS:
It has been insane busy last couple of days. I am full gear in working mode making phone calls meeting clients and making things happen which really motivates me even more. Volunteered at my son's school on Thursday which I love doing. A few of the kids came and gave me a hug when I showed up which warmed me all over.

Now....Speaking of volunteering....

I am sick absolutely sick to my stomach about the Connecticut school massacre. I couldn't stop crying last night....

With every school or public shooting with every random acts of crime you feel sick. But this was different. May be it was too close to home as I have a son in kindergarten. It shattered any kind of safety I feel when I send my 5 year old to school everyday. In this great nation I shouldn't be afraid to send my little boy to school. 

I can't even begin to comprehend the pain those 20 families are going through. Two weeks before Christmas with probably presents already bought from Santa and hidden in their house they send their kid to school in a normal rushed morning routine and never to see them again. It is unbearable to think to imagine. How do you recover from that? I don't think you ever can. Made me realize I don't think I can survive if something happened to my kids. It is the most awful feeling to feel this fear. As I am filled with fear and sorrow, my husband is filled with outrage towards such unthinkable crime. 

My heart and soul goes out to these families. 

And I continue to enjoy my little miracles and hug them for eternity...

Making Gingerbread houses at the indoor play area with my mom and the kids: 




And the Santa's Visit to my Daughter's class on Friday and more gingerbread house making:





ENJOY YOUR FAMILY LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW!



8 comments:

  1. Well said! When you have children and you hear of a tragedy like that, it makes you want to hold them a little tighter and love them even more. Cute photos of you and the kiddos :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sad senseless tragedy. My goes out to those families who lost love ones and the whole community. Definatley holding my girls a little tighter today.
    Love your cape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, it is just heartwrenching, is it not? I have been sick over it all day as well. Just a true sin, innocent little lives lost. Praying for those families.

    Your cape is lovely..beautiful color on you and I love how it cinches at the waist:)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh, it is just heartwrenching, is it not? I have been sick over it all day as well. Just a true sin, innocent little lives lost. Praying for those families.

    Your cape is lovely..beautiful color on you and I love how it cinches at the waist:)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. After hearing about that horrible incident I had your kids my grandchildren for 2 days and I lived with more fear than ever thinking I will lose them out of my sight.I told them at one point when Trevor ran ahead of me''If I lose you I will just kill myself and he said then we won't have a grandmother don't do that'' So cute they are so innocent and pure:) I love your cape matching your boots((yeah something matching) and sweetheart you are beautiful with or without make up as everyone will agree with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This top is so cool ! Beautiful with your hair !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I LOVE your top. How much is it? The colors are great and you look fab!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVELY AND ELEGANT.
    I LIKE YOUR BEAUTIFUL SMIEL ALL TIME IN YOUR PICS

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...