Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks

 Thanksgiving Day Outfit!

Inspired by Shop Ruche's (may be Fall 2013?) lookbook:
I loved this combo of sequin skirt with a tucked in striped top and black collar and sleeves… I needed comfy shoes though for an all day of cooking so decided to go with flats and I was too cold to go bare legged.




 I barely had time to get dressed and do a little make-up so didn't really get to polish up my hair.  Oh well...
Sweater, Skirt, Belt, Tights - Forever 21
Blouse - Newport News
Flats - Tilly's
Necklace - J Crew

TODAY:
Woke up early since our schedule is all off from our 3:45 AM wake-up the morning before. Had a nice pancake breakfast with family and started to get going on one of my dishes but a sudden decision was made to go down to the beach to launch this rocket my husband bought for the kids. Which would have been fine as I would have just thrown on some leggings and a sweater BUT it was also decided we would do a family photo while we are there! 
My in-law's bought matching T-shirts for everyone for this photo (not my favorite idea, but I went with the flow) but I didn't even have time to do any hair and make-up so not sure how it all came out. 
Then the rocket launch had issues so after fiddling with it for 20 minutes had to come back home to trim the rocket at which point I just decided to stay and continue cooking while they went back out. I heard two rockets were successfully launched and the kids loved it!
We all cooked together while snacking on appetizers and sipping wine so it was fun. Although no one is really that adventurous eater except my son and I so I feel my ratatouille dish could have been somewhat of a wasted effort. 
But the meal was great and my brother in law made this amazing turducken turkey which involves duck breasts inside a de-boned chicken which is stuffed inside a de-boned turkey with stuffing in between these layers. He had to literally sew the bird shut. It was very entertaining to watch last night and it tasted great today.

YESTERDAY AFTERNOON AT OCEANO BEACH (by Pismo Beach, CA)
 Sand dunes galore….




The Four cousins… Don't they look so alike? 


The Rental Beach House

Turducken all layered before it is sewn shut:

Today after cut in half out of the oven….

THIS MORNING AT THE BEACH in the Family Tee's….
 She has been finding sand dollars which she calls 'mermaid money' and says they are the proof that mermaids are real!




The men trying to get this rocket going...



Obviously not the best shot of everyone but here it is…. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Love to hear your thoughts...