Thursday, June 12, 2014

Streetwalker

 Today's combo came out cuter than I imagined. 
The inspiration was from the H&M Summer/Spring 2014 catalog:
 Denim skirts are making a come back and sure enough I have two pairs tucked away waiting for their time in fashion…. This one has a distressed front and a slit that I had to watch for….

I bet I am not the only blogger who tries to stay in shape not for just to look good but also so we can fit in our vast collection of clothes from the past. :)
 It was too warm to wear a long sleeve blouse so I used my again a very old blouse that is just so cool and always looks unique with every outfit. It has eyelet/lace type front and tiny puffing cap sleeves. It looked perfect over this denim pencil skirt.
 I wasn't sure how my skinny legs were going to look in the booties under a skirt without the buffer of pant hems but I think not bad. Or I am just used to taking risks now.



 I owe the different photo shoot location to the fact that my mom met me at my daughter's ballet school in the beautiful balboa park. We were too busy chatting away and lost track of time but did take photos after we picked up my daughter. Every part of this park is an ideal photo shoot spot anyway….
Blouse - Le Redoute
Skirt - I have no idea. It is very old. 
Necklace - Cookie Lee
Booties - Betsey Johnson
Sunglasses - Karen Walker

THURSDAY:
So left for my daughter's last ballet class for the semester and my mom who just returned from a short getaway met me there so we can catch-up. Then she took my daughter home as I hit costco.

I am totally in a organizing mode lately. More than normal for my personality. Started with the mysterious pile ups around the house, continued with my son's room and today I hit the two cabinets that face out from the kitchen and stores kid snacks, art supplies and paper products for our outdoor entertaining. Every shelf was emptied and I created 4 bags of give aways and made room for new art supplies I ordered for the kids and got our paper stuff ready for a whole summer of pool playdates. I love the high I get when I finish an organization project. Sick, I know….

Then left early for my son's school for his class ice cream social….

At home my friend came over so we can meet to go over plans for the baby shower we are hosting for our friend week after next. Sooo much to do.

And after dinner instead of watching TV played 3 hands of a domino game called Mexican Train with the kids and it was so much fun.



1 comment:

  1. You are more willing to take fashion risks now -- and they pay off. Love the booties with the pencil skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...