Saturday, January 8, 2011

Menswear with Pearls


Day behind in posting. This is what I wore yesterday (Friday). The inspiration came from JCrew catalog again below:


This was a cool combination of menswear look all around except for the pearls and heels.


I also tried the look with my tweed coat but I think I like the khaki blazer better... Not sure why but I swear all my coat feel like a tent on me. Sucks because I really like my coats.


I didn't have a long enough pearl necklace to knot like she did in the photo so added these gold chain and pearl necklaces I had snatched from my mom last year. The combination looks even cooler I think...


My heels which I wore at night went great, the gold studs compliments the gold in the necklaces...


During the day I wore the same whole outfit just with brown suede flats instead of the heels...


I did not get bangs cut by the way. I just curled my hair in a way so it looks like I have bangs. Not sure I like it that much but it was different and I like trying different things...By the end of the day I was tired of the hair on my forehead and swept it aside...



















Today is the first time in a long time I think where I am not wearing a single piece from Forever 21! That usually never happens...
Khaki Blazer - Thrifted Gap
Tweed Coat - Via Spiga
Vest - Thrifted Banana Republic
Wrap around blouse - Ann Taylor
Cargo Pants - J Crew
Suede Flats - Steve Madden
Heels - Michael Kors from TJ Maxx
Pearls - from mom and who knows?

Friday's Activities: Had a real rough night with my son waking up at 4 AM, then again at 5 then again at 6:30 Am. And I really couldn't fall a sleep after the 4 AM one until the last one. So was super exhausted and for first time never left the house and didn't do anything. Just to tire out the kids right before lunch and naps we just walked around the block. Discovered a grass hill where I made them race running up and down. After naps felt a bit more normal with just enough energy to hit to the indoor play area. Once my husband got home I left to meet my best friend. We met at the mall for an hour of shopping. I hadn't been since after xmas so checked out some very picked out xmas sales. J Crew has an amazing sale with everything 40% off of the sale price. Got two layering base tees for $6 each. Anthropologie had amazing stuff as usual and I fell in love with 4 pieces but even on sale they were ranging from $60 to $70 each so sadly put them back. Did get a $14 belt that was very unique. We then drove to a restaurant part of the 'cohn' group as they are all having fixed menu specials to celebrate their anniversary. There was 1.5 hour wait though so we settled to eat at the bar once a spot opened.  Great dinner plus buy one wine by the glass get the second one for 10 cents we scored. Came home late and hit the sack immediately.

3 comments:

  1. I love it both ways (flats and heels)... and there is something just so cool about menswear with feminine touches like pearls. Can you believe I don't even have a string of pearls??! Hmm...
    Anyway, I love this outfit combo!
    xo MODELmumma
    PS - hope you get more sleep tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. İ always loved the menswear look with pearls but never thought of cargo pants?!!! looks cool.İ love your new hairdo with bangs and the new streaks.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...