So today's outfit inspiration came from the following Anthropologie catalog photo:
Well, I don't own a striped skirt but I do own this striped maxi dress which I bought months and months ago from Marshalls but never worn it yet.
I liked the idea of mixing a silky floral blouse with striped maxi. My colors a bit different but I think they work. Recognize the tucker Target blouse that a lot of bloggers seem to own?
Added a silver necklace since the belt buckle is silver. This double finger ring is from my mom. She actually bought it for my sister but it was too big for her so I got it! The dark gem earrings are my Aunt's creations...
I tried on a few different shoes under this outfit. And amazingly none of the high heeled platforms worked. I liked how these ankle cuff sandals looked and I didn't even have to change shoes from shoot to real life!
Since this is a dress and not a skirt I couldn't tuck in the blouse. But I did belt it on top at waist and opened a few buttons so you can see the top part of the dress too...
Dress - Marshalls
Blouse - Target
Belt and Necklace - Forever 21
Sandals - Boutique 9 (from zappos)
So Becks who is one hot mommy @ Oomph has tagged me to share the contents of my bag. You can check out what is in her Sonia Rykiel Lauren tote HERE...
AND she even helped me number the items in my photo since I don't own photo shop. How nice is she?
WARNING: You know I am a SAHM so I don't really have a 'purse' per se. What I have is a diaper bag and an over the shoulder wallet bag. So, it is not going to be that exciting...
So, here is the 'Diaper Bag'
Kathy Van Zeeland
First I always have a hair clip attached to the handle. My hair is long and I get flustered at times with the kids so need a clip on hand to pull up all my hair in a bun.
I also have an attached mini anti bacterial (aka germ juice as kids call it) on the handle...
They sell these at bath and body. Best invention ever!
These are the items in the inside pocket:
2. A straw (you know in case the kids loose the straw of their milk or juice box) & Tissues
3. Emergency Money
4. lip balm
6. random bracelet of my daughter
7. A zip lock bag of emergency medication like kid tylenol, ab ointment and advil for me.
8. CARs passports they gave us at disney store
9. more pens
10. Another advil
11. notepad with a pen
42. Wipes of course!
43. A bag of extra underwear and bottoms (for the girl in potty training)
44. Extra pairs of socks for all 3 of us in case we go to the indoor play area and not wearing any.
45. A huge bundle of grocery bags (to carry all the soiled clothes as result of potty accidents)
25. His and hers sunglasses (hers Ariel, his Cars) we also carry a pair for both in the car too...
26. My sunglasses
30. A bag of plastic utensils. Sometimes I forget them when I pack lunch.
31. Emergency snack: raisins
32. More bags
33. First aid stuff like bandaids and AB spray
34. My son's wallet
35. Face and body sunblock
37. A bigger tube of AB.
38. Kids water bottle. It gets too heavy to carry 2 so I let them share and we take turns using his or hers.
39. Hand wipes
My purse wallet is from H&M currently. I own 3 though and change according to season...
Inside this bag are all more valuables and I never take off the bag unless I am at someone's home...
12. Tissues (yes I carry a lot but we got through a lot)
14. My credit cards and driver's licence. Found this in Turkey and my step dad bought it as a present.
16. Flash drive (so I can swap photos with my Dad or friends easily)
18. This cute little owl pouch is where I put the recent receipts. I file them weekly.
19. This black pouch is for store coupons or gift certificates
20. My portable camera. I always have it on me which is why I can take so many photos of the kids. My husband bought this couple years ago and got it engraved. It reads 'one hot mommy' and has my name.
23. blog cards
What is in YOUR bag?
Melissa @ Working Mom's Closet
Aysun @ Aysstyle
E @ District of Chic
Natasha @ Required2beInspired