Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend in Palm Springs



 Sorry for the absence during the weekend. We were away in Palm Springs for my Dad's 65th B-Day!
This was my outfit on Saturday. The weather unfortunately was awful, cold and raining and i had only packed warmish clothes so was not really cozy in this outfit but only wore it to dinner....

The Inspiration came from the lovely Carrie Fabulous Blog:
These color combinations were cool and I thought I could incorporate my harem pants...






 Sweater, Pants, Scarf - Forever 21
Heels - from Turkey
Bracelets - Victoria's Secret & Guess

SATURDAY:
It was my Dad's actual b-day. We drove up in the morning probably the only sunny time of the day and it started pouring right after we checked and dressed to go swimming! So ate lunch inside which was not easy with kids that had already been sitting in a car for 3 hours! Trying to get their energy out in the afternoon we took them to chuck'e'cheese then met up everyone for dinner at a much nicer place. After dinner we went to a bakery where my SIL had ordered a cake and sang my dad happy b-day.


My adorable Nephew enjoying his food!


SUNDAY OUTFIT

This outfit was also inspired by Carrie Fabulous Blog!

She has so many great polyvore combinations that I often save them for outfit inspirations. This one with grey and white with pops of black and blue I thought were so cool.










Jean Jacket & White Jeans - Forever 21
Silver Tank - Charlotte Russe
Scarf - TJ Maxx
Flats - Tilly's

SUNDAY:
Met up for breakfast and afterwards walked around the grounds to enjoy a beautiful morning which is when we took these photos. My dad and husband played tennis. We then finally were able to go for a swim and my son had a blast with the pool slide. After lunch we took the tram up to play in the snow! So it was a true 'surf and ski' kind of a day. It was the first time my kids saw and touched snow!

My son coming down the slide with my brother

My daughter having fun with her 'Dede' (grandpa)

The view from the Tram:

Us in the tram!



 In her 'hello kitty' winter coat

Our pathetic snowman. Never realized how hard it is to make them!


Now I must get to bed. Starting the week totally unprepared with so much laundry and unpacking and cooking to do.

14 comments:

  1. I like the scarf you wear on Saturday!
    Thank you to visit my blog :-)

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your first outfit! You are rocking the harem pants. You look like you had a fantastic weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Such a beautiful family! I miss palm springs!

    Vanessa

    http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those red shoes are SOOOOOOO FUN!!! Love the grey slouchy pants as well! Such a fun look!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scarfs and shoes in both pics. :)

    Your daughter is quite the fashionista!

    Cute snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that colorful scarf! Sounds like a super fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your first outfit is really great. i love the scarf you're wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a super fun weekend! Love the scarf in the first outfit and the second outfit is so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a fabulous weekend! so great your kids got to see snow! i love your first scarf with the navajo print.

    [oomph.]
    What's the next line? Help write the story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the red wedges in your first inspiration board!

    xoxo navy & orange

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww your family pics are adorable!! Your little girl is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Daphne! Wow you look great in both outfits! Looks like you guys had a blast! I love Palm Springs! THANK YOU so much for paying me the highest compliment of being inspired by my sets! Really lovely interpretations! Big Hug!
    XO Carrie
    www.carriefabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love little princess hello kitty snow costume, I should buy it from you for my girl for next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...