Friday, November 18, 2011

I haven't earned my wings yet


Today's outfit was inspired by the October 2011 issue of People Style Watch Magazine:
I realize this is the second time I am wearing a striped top under a jacket this week but to mix things up a bit today I wore my short sleeved longer top instead of the long sleeve one.
I don't think I would have ever thought of mixing a tie dye blue scarf with a striped top and army green jacket which is why the photo caught my attention.

 Added the angel wing earrings...






Jacket, Top, Jeans, Scarf - Forever 21
Boots - Via Spaga
Earrings - Thread Show


TODAY:
Had a very nice Thanksgiving potluck at PreSchool today. I stayed true to my diet and ate my turkey/celery rolls. Kids made the cutest turkey hats:

Unfortunately my daughter took almost 2 hours to go down for her nap and only napped for 30 minutes. So we were quite late leaving the house for Sea World Member night. Picked up my step dad as my mom was working and went together. Got super lucky finding a parking spot of someone leaving, got into all the shows last minute and found good seats. Kids loved being out in the dark. Their favorite was the short 3D Polar Express movie. It is just amazing seeing everything from their eyes. Makes everything so much more special.





 Top of her 'panda' hat!



After getting the kids to bed half hour late. We started our 'Turkey' project. Re-arranged the shelves in the fridge to fit a big size cleaning bucket filled with a 20lb turkey and salt water brine! Tomorrow, I am hoping my husband can take the kids to their gym class and occupy them for a few hours while I get the turkey roasted with this herb paste I am going to make, bake my sweet potato casserole, set the table for 14 and take out appetizers! Somewhere between this will be getting ready myself!

Also participating in the 
Friend Friday, 
hosted by the lovely Katy of Modly Chic blog 
discussing what we are thankful for.

Needless to say and not caring how cliche it sounds I am truly thankful for my wonderful and dear friends and family. Without their love and support life would be so hard and dull. Which is why I constantly create get together's to invite our friends and family or do events with them. I love the memories we create!
And not a day goes by where I thank God over and over for my kids. Because they are the true joy in my life and I truly cherish every moment I spend with them and wish time can stop and they can stay this cute and innocent and loving. Although I also look forward to the changes each age is going to bring in the future.

Click HERE to see what others are thankful for!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I loved seeing how lovely your day was! Our thanksgiving has already passed but it's great to once again be reminded of all the things we have in our lives to be thankful for. You looked like you had such a fun day. Gorgeous outfit too! I love the stripes and the scarf! So cute!

    Thank you for your lovely comment. It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. İ love all your pictures of yourself especially on this blog. The profile and the full shots in front of your bar. The hats look so cute on their heads made with their little hands! İ was so happy to be able to join you even if a little at the end of the night! My cute grandkids are sitting on the gift package but indeed they are the gifts from God and so are you my beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ! This outfit rocks !!!
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look smashing! I love your boots! xxoo
    Family is such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...