Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lady in Red

 Today's super cute outfit was inspired by a photo in last Season's Kate Spade catalog:
I had saved this inspiration folder last year and wasn't sure when or where I would wear it. A Fashion career training seminar was the perfect venue. I was able to look professional while showing my quirky taste at the same time...
First I had this outfit with my white eyelet pencil skirt and a white tee. But that just looked so sloppy and casual against the black tights and red blazer. Then I remembered the new sheath dress I bought for xmas eve and it was perfect. To create the black bow effect I tied my cardigan's self belt!
I thought the end result was quite genius if I have to say so myself! :)


 These candy apple red stilettos just pop even more against jet black...



Blazer - part of an very old Ann Taylor Suit
Dress - Forever 21
Black tie - a knit cardigan's self belt
Tights - Forever 21
Pearls - F21
Stilettos - Stuart Weitzman
Sunglasses - House of Harlow

TODAY:
Today was the 1st day of training of my new business. It was so much fun but also overwhelming at times receiving so much valuable information that is hard to retain all at once. We learned about how to dress different body types and understanding everyone's colors based on hair, eye and skin color and then figuring out what colors work best on each person. I am so excited to get certified in these areas which will really help me with the clothing line business as well as the wardrobe remix consulting...
The afternoon was spent trying all the items in the new clothing line we will be selling. As fun as that is it is quite tiring. I had envisioned taking so many more photos but there just wasn't enough time between trying them all and taking notes etc...
So here is just two:



We only had an hour break before the evening activities watching another fabalous runway show this time modeled by actual consultants and a fun dinner and a cocktail party adn award ceremony.
I am going to have to to post the night outfit in another post...

6 comments:

  1. I like how you are showing the outfit that inspires yours. Great idea!!. You look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit! I love the bow around your waist :)

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red looks fantastic!! Especially against the white! It really just pops!!!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this lady in red post. Looks great and I should try it too with my new white Jenifer Lopez dress. I love how you tried the outfits on those blue colors looks very good on you and such relaxed styles should be comfortable as a mommy I think:) I know for sure would be perfect for me as a grand-mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit! So excited for you and your new business, you have such great style and I'm sure you will have much success!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...