Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wheels in Motion

 This was my outfit yesterday. I wanted to wear something comfortable but still somewhat cool...
The inspiration was from the Victoria's Secret Catalog last fall/winter:
I like the idea of a longer cardigan, tall boots with cut off shorts...





Cardigan, socks - Forever 21
Shorts - TJ Maxx
Tee - Stylemint
Boots - Via Spiga
Purse - Thread Show

YESTERDAY:
I conducted my first 'Wardrobe Consulting' yesterday morning for my friend. This was a great practice run for me to see how long does it really take to conduct such visit and how successful it would be. It was amazing. I have 10 years  of finance background where you use facts and logic and hardly any creativity. This was so different. I felt rejunivated working with her outfits and coming up with combinations trying on things and for the first time thinking only what she is comfortable with and what she likes and not my tastes or clothes.
I was happy to be able to create at least a few outfits which of her challange pieces where were 2 mini skirts and 2 midi skirts and 3 dresses. For majority of the outfits we focused on creating combinations she can wear with the kids on a daily basis. We also added small adjustments like heels to take the outfit from day to a date night. These all based on the questionnaire she had filled and described her needs.
In the afternoon hung out with the kids at the park then had taco night dinner at home then went accessory shopping with my sister for the new clothing line I will start selling.
My brain is going insane from all the moving piecs and everything I have to do to start both businesses.

TODAY: 
Had a nice breakfast with the family then went to a park for scooter riding and enjoying the amazingly warm and sunny weather with my sister and her fiance's little puppy!
 Kids having fun with their Grandpa Neal!


Loving the little puppy 'Molly'...
 There was a potty accident incident, hence the leggings instead of her actual jeans!

11 comments:

  1. very cute! i love shorts and boots together with a cozy cardi. i have to say i find a lot of inspiration in the VS catalogs too! they always looks so comfy stylish!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling, I just added you to my blogroll! :D FINALLY! haha I spend too long trying to find you through the comments section. I do this a lot. I don't know why I put myself through the trouble but I guess I'm stuck in my old ways. Bloglovin overwhelms me, haha!

    THIS IS A DARLING OUTFIT. I may try this one sometime! Did you seriously wear that? It looks so warm. I'm so jealous.... we just had a massive snowstorm! Ahhh!
    Cute way to winterize it though in the heat... :)

    Those pictures of your family look adorable. Made me laugh... and miss my hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment!!! I start following you, hope you'll follow back!!!! xoxo

    www.rockandfrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are very few of us who are... dare I say it?... as sexy as you. This simple outfit highlights your natural appeal. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cute idea for trying to bring the winter look in 85 degrees of heat!! Looks sexy though I have to agree:) It was fun yesterday and continued at our house. Hope you got a lot done and caught up with your work. Loved the pictures with Neal sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic job. I am going to have to try that combination. I love the warm, sexy, & comfy appeal it has.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge fan of shorts in the winter! Love these with those boots and cardi. Looks super cozy!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a simple and stylish outfit! I love the cozy cardi ;)

    Really enjoy your blog. I am your newest follower! Please check out my blog and follow me if you like it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute look! It's been so warm here that I've almost gotten the shorts out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those boots!

    I'm sure your businesses will be successful. That is so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how casual yet put together this outfit is. Very jealous that you can wear shorts in January. I miss So-Cal so much sometimes. Congrats on the new business. I can't wait to see your offerings :)
    No More Sweatpants

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...