Thursday, April 19, 2012

Who Wants It More?

 Tonight's work outfit was inspired by a polyvore set:
 Don't you just love polyvore? I can search for something specific like 'military jacket coat' in sets and find bunch of sets for inspiration ideas...



I truly love this coat. Although I wish mine was the 'poppy' red color I am finding the classic navy is definitely easy to create combinations with...
 The sides and under the arms is soft cotton so your movement is not restricted and it feels so comfy...


Added the asos collar like necklace for the 'edgy' effect...








In this combo:
Jacket - 'Joey' in navy from Kika Paprika
Capri Leggings - in poppy from Kika Paprika
top  - Forever 21
Booties - Juicy Couture
Necklace/collar - Asos

Then I realized I didn't like the way the top was too short and the color was off from the leggings since it was not a kika top. I would have liked to add their classic tanks but I don't have them in this color or size so added this print tank. Even though it is large on me under the jacket it worked OK and added a bit of color and print...

At my house ready for the open house...


My mom was dressed in her beautiful Aqua 'Joey' and white 'yoga pants'....

TODAY:
Morning was pre-school and finally my daughter managed to sit through the required circle times and qualified to get a backpack filled with a toy and a book. I have been punishing her with 'no backpack' if she doesn't sit during circle time. Finally it sunk in but she doesn't really listen while sitting so hoping that is going to come next.
I prepared the house and cooked and did a load of laundry while the kids rested and prepared for my open house. My husband was nice enough to show up quite early from work and took the kids out to the park and to dinner! My mom came to keep me company and help with the open house.
We had a light turnout but everyone that came is willing to host a party for me so I am very happy.
I love this job because it pushes me to get in touch with people I haven't seen or have never met in person and makes me even more social. Meeting new people and catching up with old friends is just so refreshing. I truly enjoy it.

Here was my casual outfit during the day:

The inspiration was from Sept 2011 issue of People Style Watch:


Boyfriend Blazer - Newport News
Tee - Stylemint
Cargo pants - Bebe
Boots - Steve Madden

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I like the revised look better too. I love your coat and the accessories.
    YOu mom looks super chic!!
    xx
    maya
    thanks for wearing my butterfly belt. Feel free to refer people to my Etsy shop PLEASE. THey can easily find me searching for GeorgiaBlueBoutique on Etsy.com
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...