Friday, December 13, 2013

Trench Lessons


Yesterday's outfit came out exactly like this 'Chictopia' Post:

Loved the pop of yellow jeans and the red scarf agains this black and tan base...


I layered the form fitting kika black cotton top under the sleeveless babydoll style sweater top which I have owned for over 7 years!

This hat was my Grandpa's so I love wearing it and the scarf is very old from the time when I owned a total of 5 scarves and used them for warmth not as an accessory!


Hat, scarf - Vintage
Trench - Guess
Sweater, Jeans - Forever 21
Top - Kika Paprika
Boots - Steve Madden

THURSDAY:
Started early with ballet class. I have to stay that drive is getting old very quickly. I waited in my car cause it was cold and I am trying to finish my book before our book club mtg next week.
After Ballet we rushed to my Dad's Dr. appt. Of course there were problems and they didn't have it in their books but then found it but this whole thing took couple hours which is not easy with a 4 year old but she was a trooper. My dad and I were both falling a sleep. We then went to lunch and he went home for a nap while I went home to clean-up and pack snacks and rushed out to pick up my son.

Stayed in the area by going to the library to exchange our weekly books and to finish his homework then took them to the park and he attended his tennis lesson. It is a small community so I keep running into same mom's who are just as crazy as me taking their kids from activity to activity and we start chatting without even necessarily exchanging names. Most of them younger ones like my daughter who will all start kindergarten next year so we know we'll be seeing each other for years to come.
When we got home it was dark and cold.

Funny how in summer 5 PM feels so early and how there is still so much of the day left. But in winter it feels so late. I cooked dinner while working on stupid xmas card address labels which seem to require tweaking every year.

My daughter declared it was her elf's birthday and she wanted to bake cupcakes. I convinced her to just make a card and we would buy the cupcakes tomorrow. I honestly do not have time to experiment with cupcake making at this time.
Managed to shower them and into PJs before dinner then a quick dinner and a book and to bed but half hour late so they slept in a little for a change this morning!

The recent update from our Elves…
You can follow their daily mischieves on my pinterest board….

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely trench coat and I love the pops of colour (especially the yellow jeans)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...