Friday, April 11, 2014

Say It Isn't So

 My outfit today to attend my friend's mother's funeral…

The inspiration was from The Zoe Report website:

 Culotte pants are back in style and luckily I had a pair soooo many years ago and knew they would come back so they were just waiting their time in the back closet…
This silk shirt is also an old timer I even remember the day I tried it on at Bebe and bought it. 
And you can tell from the brands that they are all high quality, you see back then even though I was closer to the age of 21 I rarely shopped there! Kind of ironic...








It was quite chilly in the morning so I added my black trench on top...



 Blouse - Bebe (very old)
Pants - BCBG (very old)
Purse - Chanel (very old)
Necklace - Zara
Heels - Rock Republic
Trench - Andrew Marc (also old)

TODAY:
Today was tough. I took my daughter to school and left her with my friend whose daughter is good friends with mine. Then went to the funeral. Turns out it is the same company that had handled my Dad's cremation so right there the pain came flooding back. I felt my friend's pain but like everyone in the room I also re-lived mine. But I knew how much it meant to me when people were there for me when my dad passed away so I wanted to be there for her.
Husband and wife take oaths when they enter a marriage but friends don't have such thing and yet the good ones do everything they can to show their support and love. I am blessed with so many such friends and if I can be remotely as good to someone else I would try.
The service was very nice then there was a lunch outing.
I picked up my daughter and we stopped at home for a fraction of a second then picked up my son. I had been feeling down all day and started feeling absolutely horrible by this time so came home and barely held on in bed for my parents to show up then crashed for a nap.
Still cooked dinner and with help got the kids ready for bed but definitely sick! :(

1 comment:

  1. It's true that when you attend other people's funerals, you remember your own. I still remember my mother's and brother's funerals two decades later. My sympathies again for your profound loss.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...