Saturday, March 13, 2010

Simply Teal

I might have seen a similar outfit in Lucky's style spotter cause when I spotted this t-shirt the look immediately came to my head. I love the detail of the tee. Even though it looks simple it is really nice jersey soft quality and it has tone on tone satin stripes. Great find for $15 from Forever 21.

Outfit: Dark grey skinny jeans, tigh high black suede boots, teal t-shirt, long black/silver necklace. Black fringe purse (from Guess about 10 years ago!).
I topped it with a slimlined black leather jacket when it got cool.

I was just thinking how the way I try on new clothes have changed now. I used to go up on my tiptoes and visualize what it would look like with heels on. Now, I bend over to see if it is showing too much decolte or too much leg. If I bend my legs does the waist hold up. Cause those are the positions I will be in throughout the day with the kids.
As I read the fashion blogs of 20 year olds I do lust over their ability to wear heels. Cause I do think heels make everything look cool. But it just not a reality in my everyday life. So, by buying shoes and clothes that work with kids I get to dress up during the day and the clothes don't collect dust in my closet for those once in a while girl's night out or date night.

Here is a photo of me today with my daughter during her first pony ride at the St. Patrick's day Festival.
Today's Activities: Breakfast at Mom's house, taking son to dance lesson. Attended the 'Kids in the Kitchen' event which was promoting healthy foods and snacks for kids. In the afternoon went to the St. Patrick's Day Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...