Saturday, May 22, 2010

Red Hannah


Very late post today and not a true outfit photo shoot. Also wore the same outfit I wore on the day they did our mother's day newspaper article photo shoot. But what makes it unique is the event I went late at night. All the single women were wearing these red veils, I grabbed one to take a photo. So not much of an outfit post but let me explain the activities...

Today's Activities: My mom dropped me off with the kids at my friend's house before going to the summer house to supervise construction work. This was my best friend from high school. She has an 8 year old son and her house was perfect to spend the rainy day with the kids. Her son was a sweetheart entertainning both kids and sharing all his toys. I even managed to get them to nap there. After they woke up we visited to indoor play areas (all walking distance to their house) to check them out for potential venues for my son's 3 year b-day party. Once we returned home in the pouring rain and fed and put the kids to bed I was ready to go to a 'Hannah Night'! Old fashioned tradition here is before the wedding all the women get together and get hannah on their hands and have fun. In the modern tradition it is more like a bacheloratte party than anything else. This was for my aunt's friend's daughter. We went when it was half way over already but still managed to see some of the party. I got a hannah ink tattoo on my hand. See photos below...

With my mom...

my hannah tattoo...

Traditional musicians playing belly dancing music...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...