Saturday, April 23, 2011

Friend Friday - INSPIRATION and Butterflies and a B-Day

Today's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (hosted by Katy at ModlyChic) topic is Inspiration -
To further mark one year of FBFF we are going to answer the same set of questions asked this time last year. I wasn't part of this group last year this time so this will be the first time I am answering them!

1. Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion inspiration?
I am not big into following stars or their lives but I do love the magazine 'people style watch'.
2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you?
Anything and everything. I find inspirations everywhere. From people on street to store windows to magazines to catalogs. What always inspires me the most is the way a certain outfit makes me feel. That feeling could be 'sexy', 'pretty', 'girly', 'professional', 'fun' depending on my mood.

3. How do you hope to inspire your readers?
I hope to inspire other SAHM mommies like myself to step out of their comfort zone and dress up a bit to feel good about themselves. I not only post my outfit photos but also right about my day so they can see I really did do all the kid stuff in the clothes I wore.

4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you?
People are are confident. People who stand up for what they beleive in. People are good in their core and have compassion.

5. And since Idol is ending… Which songs inspire you?
I have to be real honest here. My son is crazy into music and I spoil him by allowing him to listen to his songs all through our car rides. I haven't listened to anything new lately. Horrible I know.
But in general I actually love country music. I love the story each one tells.
I also love music that gets my heart pumping and feet moving. JLo's new song which I heard on idol is pretty cool.

To see how others answered these questions pls click HERE!

Now to what I wore today...
This is the yesstyle maxi floral schiffon dress!

I love this dress. It was exactly what I was looking for. Love its colors and style and the material.


I got the idea to wear it with a denim shirt from the most recent anthropologie magazine. Forgot to photo that. The idea of  big beaded necklaces was also from there...


A Butterfly landed on my skirt (probably thought the flowers were real)....


All photos taken by my friend while we tried to keep an eye on 4 kids at the Wild Animal Park Butterfly Exhibition! 
Dress - Yesstyle
Denim Shirt - from Turkey
Sandals - Steve Madden
Necklaces - Charlotte Russe and Forever 21
Hat - Forever 21
Purse - H&M

Today's Activities: Left super early so I can take my husband to work then go to Wild Animal Park with his car to meet my friend there. We arrived right when they opened at 9 AM. Our first target was the new Butterfly Exhibition that is only open during this month every year. Hardly watied at all which was great. We took our time in there enjoying all the butterflies. The kids loved it.

Butterflies Galore... 

My daughter all excited when the first one landed on my friend's hand:

Our 3 kids enjoying another landing:

So hard to get these shots as they never look at the camera at the same time or smile!

Our first attempt at the outfit photo shoot but realized no use with kids blocking so waited till we were in the second area with more space...

EVENING: The family came over to celebrate my brother's b-day. It was their first 'social' non medical outing with their new baby - my nephew... 

My dad and I join the happy family... Do you see how our smiles look so alike?

11 comments:

  1. cute...love the last family photo. do i spy studs on the shoulders of yor denim shirt?? if so...LOVE it! i like the look of denim and floral.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you and your brother and dad look SO much alike! It's like that in my family, too. You can totally tell we're all related!

    I absolutely love that floral maxi dress. It's such a romantic pattern! I like how you made it work for a day with the kids by using that shirt. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love ur outfit ;) like the floral dress, u have such a nice blog , we could follow each other, please follow em and tell me what do u think about ym blog (I would appreciate any opinions)
    http://fashionmusthavemaria.blogspot.com/
    THXX
    I'L FOLLOW BACK
    kisses form spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've layered your beads! Gorgeous smile too btw.

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is adorable and you styled it beautifully. The hat is a crowning touch.

    I visited your town (SD) last year and, right now, am drinking tea from a mug I got at The Broken Yolk, where I ate breakfast every morning. Have you ever been there? It seemed very popular and had great food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so sweet and blissful in that outfit and you have a beautiful family! Have a blessed easter day!

    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is amazing ! I love the picture with the buterfly, it's very poetic ! And I love how you mixed the necklaces !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Great post! I also love "People Style Watch" magazine. It's one of my very favorites, next to InStyle. You do a great job of getting pictures of yourself doing the SAHM stuff. Since my boys are older, they like to give me the business about taking their pictures now. :) I seem to be hearing these words alot, "Are you going to put those pictures on your blog, mom?" ;) Well, I just might.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nephew is growing so fast. He is sooooo Sweet!
    Your outfit is simply the best; Love the casual and chic look but most of all the romantic 'touch' that the flowers add to it. You look great.

    http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
    http://www.filomenascloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your dress and hat.You look so pretty;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Love the dress with the denim. I found you on the you like me! friday blog hop. Hope you'll follow back too :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts...